Thursday, April 2, 2009

Make it So!

I have an interview tomorrow, with the one and only Wil Wheaton, aka, "Wesley Crusher" from Star Trek the Next Generation.

I think I almost had a heart attack yesterday when he wrote to my work email directly, and actually used my name! I wasn't going through a PR person, or any complex beaurocrocy. Instead, we emailed for a little bit and decided to meet at the Starbucks inside the Hyatt. I can already see his sense of humor, he wrote "We'll meet in the lobby, then go to the Starbucks in the hotel, and I'm sure there are 7 more inside it." He'll be in town for the Emerald City Comicon, but I plan to pick his brain about Star Trek, and what he's been doing since his brief foray with fame. I know he won't look at all like the fresh-faced 17-year old Wesley Crusher anymore, he's now 36, married with children, and an accomplished author and blogger.

It's funny, I've held him on a pedestal since I was 10 or 11 years old, when I so desperately wanted to act on the show with him. I even wrote into the Star Trek producers, and they wrote me back, saying I had to be part of the Screen Actors Guild. My dreams of meeting "Wesley Crusher" were tarnished.

Now, I'm going to have my chance to pick his brain, and the more I write him emails, the more he seems more "human", and less "magical." Tomorrow, I'm going to ask him for a picture, I know it will make everyone smile who knew me when I was 11 years old, with a childhood crush.

4 comments:

Colleen said...

Wear glasses... geeks dig glasses... :) I'm so excited for you.

andrea said...

You actually wrote to them? And they wrote you back? So cool!

- A - C - said...

you're a damn lucky girl, and i 'm starting to be envious.....

Anonymous said...

From: The idiot boyfriend.
I'm feeling kind of jealous. You so obviously have a crush on this guy. As a young man, I think he saved the Enterprise several times, and maybe all of mankind at least once. How will I ever measure up to that?